Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Format Interview: Moonlight Prophecy

Do you know what 2017 means to this band?

It's yet to exist for an entire year! Think about  that for just a second. Moonlight Prophecy is an outcropping of the Lawrence's Creation and into a band featuring vocals. 

As of right now, they're largely a studio only project as the band members live no only in different countries, but in some cases, different hemispheres.

Enjoy!

1. The first album I ever owned was?

Monster by R.E.M. on a cassette tape. I was about 11 years old when I got it. 

Just starting to get into rock music. I wasn't even familiar with very many bands that weren't on the radio much at the time. I only knew of Ozzy and Metallica basically. That was also before I even owned a CD player. 

Moonlight Prophecy

2. My favorite album of all time is.... 

very hard to decide but I can list about 5 of my favorites through different phases I went through. I loved Kill 'Em All by Metallica the best when I was about 13. 

I liked Souls of Black and  The Ritual by Testament equally and they were my favorites for a around the time I was 14. 

I got into shred guitar stuff when I was about 17 or 18 and at that point I liked "follow the reaper" by children of bosom the best. Fast forward a few years and I started listening to Killswitch Engage and liked Alive and Breathing the best. 

Right now its almost impossible to choose a favorite album though.

3. The album with the best art is...

...also very hard to say. I am a big fan of good detailed art. 

I have not seen every single album out there, so I have no idea actually. I like a lot of detail in images though. art that shows a lot of action or wild landscapes etc. 

I have no idea what album has the best art though.

4. My favorite heavy metal album of all time is...  

Way too hard to answer. I have so many I could list.

5. My favorite album of all time (Any genre is) 

Well one of my favorite non-metal albums I guess is October Rust by Type O Negative. 

They aren't really metal by my standards, but some of their songs are cool. I like the slower songs that they do with the keyboard. 

It also brings back memories of when I was a kid. It's hard to think of favorite albums though as a whole.

6. My favorite live album of all time is... 

I don't listen much to live albums but Ozzfest 96 brings back a lot of memories for me so I would probably have to say that one. 

I also like Metallica's Live Shit: Binge and Purge double disk that came in the box set. I got that for xmas when I was a kid and watched the videos quite a bit. 

(Ed Note: He's referring to the triple CD Mexico City show from the Live Box Set.)


7. My favorite album format is..... a CD in a Digipak probably. 

(Ed Note:....????)

No comments:

Post a Comment