Wednesday, July 27, 2016

LP Review: "Divination" by Vukari

Dviniation
Have you ever seen Game of Thrones?

Between that show and The Walking Dead Twitter can be absolutely unreadable at times with all the oohs and ahhs about that show.

There's a person in my life who continually texts me, have you started watching GoT yet??!

No, to this day, I have not seen a single episode of Game of Thrones and no matter how hard you try, Heather, it's seriously doubtful that I ever will.

The thing about that show that I am familiar with is the meme with King Dude Who Might Have Been In Lord of the Rings telling us to brace ourselves because Winter is coming.

That's easy to get behind. Winter is the best season of the year.

Vukari
Vukari is a band that straddles well worn subgenres.

They're either either death black metal or black death metal.

The latter feels more appropriate for me because their music spreads like the plague.

The standard song creation does not apply here. The tracks expand as they play and seep into your consciousness.

Divination starts off with a musical epic that then sweeps across the plains and the mountains with all the power and ferocity of a blizzard.

Anyone looking for grandiose and self-important music, look right here. Self-importance is the single most important quality of any song, because if it's not important to hear, I will turn away. Those seeking technical excellence, turn away.

The songs are not going to wow anyone with their fiery acrobatic styles. They straightforward and powerful. Simply allow the storm to come and blow itself out.

Release: 8/1/16
Genre: Black Death Metal
Label: Bindrune Recordings
Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Why won't you watch Thrones? Curious. It's a pretty well-made show. Read any of the books the show is based on? Those are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too won't watch Game Of Thrones. I tried to read the book about 10 years ago, thought it sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See?

    Everybody thinks I'm strange, but I refuse to watch Game of Thrones. There is too much in my world to add in another giant thing.

    NO GAME OF THRONES!

    ReplyDelete